GOOD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU CAN DO
As former president Lyndon Johnson once said, "we like cando people who can make things happen."
GODDARD FARM GRADE A GOAT DAIRY, LLC Announces a farm Internship available June 1st., 2017 through August 5th., 2017. Goddard Farm is a Micro Goat Dairy with "cutting edge" equipment, technology, and procedures, one of only two in Kansas, licensed by the Kansas Department of Agriculture, to produce, and manufacture, milk, cheese, dairy products, and milk products pursuant to Kansas Dairy Law 65-771. We have the time to teach you the things you want to learn.
1. Successful candidate must be at least 18 years of age, drug free, non smoker, and physically able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Successful candidate must be enthusiastic self starter and an idea person.
3. Thirty to 40 hours per week with 2 days off each week.
4. Some nights and weekends will be required with compensatory time off during the week.
5. This is a broad based opportunity to learn dairy goat management, breeding, kidding, feeding, worming, hoof trimming, giving vaccines & preventives, milking, parlor sanitation, cheese room sanitation, equipment cleaning & sanitation, satellite lab functions, and records keeping.
6. Learn all about basic cheese making, marketing, and distribution.
7. Responsibilities include grooming and showing goats at sanctioned goat shows on weekends during May and June. Compensatory time off during the week will be granted.
8. Animal experience and farm background helpful.
9. For college students interested in earning credit we will work with your academic advisor and department chair in that connection.
10. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in weekly 8:00 a.m. staff meetings every Monday morning.
11. Private housing with meals and expenses reimbursement stipend provided.
12. Basic computer skills required for data entry, designing power point, etc., knowledge of DVD and DVD-ROM helpful.
13. Interested persons please send a detailed resume to Goddard Farm, LLC, 1801 East 335 Road, Lecompton, Kansas 66050-4037. Interviews will be scheduled.
GODDARD FARM GRADE A GOAT DAIRY AND ARTISAN CHEESE PLANT, LLC
Kansas State Dairy Manufacturing Lcense # 413
PUREBRED NUBIAN DAIRY GOATS
Copyright 2009 - 2017, All rights reserved. No copies can be made without written permission.
Last Update Tuesday, 04-25-2017
Web Hosting by Yahoo
Noah L. and Sue A. Goddard GODDARD FARM, LLC 1801 EAST 335 ROAD LECOMPTON, KS66050-4037 United States ph: # 785-304-7044 email@example.com